Pavlova – Student Blogging Challenge Week 5

Hello Readers,

This weeks Student Blogging Challenge is all about our country’s food. If you didn’t know, I live in Australia. I have chosen to do activity 1 which is to write a post on food that is popular in your country. I am writing about Pavlova.

Pavlova
Credit to the image goes here.

The pavlova is thought to have been made in honour of the dancer Anna Pavlova. It was created either during or after one of her tours to Australia and New Zealand in the 1920s.  It has been argued over many years about what nation it originated from.

The pavlova is very popular and an important part of Australian and New Zealand homes during holidays, particularly Christmas. It is mostly eaten in the summer time because of its summer fruits, but it can be eaten anytime.

A pavlova is made of meringue with cream covering it, with a topping of fruits such as kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and passionfruit. I personally love pavlova and enjoy eating as a treat with my family!

Thanks for reading this weeks post!

Mia xxx

9 thoughts on “Pavlova – Student Blogging Challenge Week 5

1. Pavlova looks like it would taste very good. Your post is really good it makes me want to try Pavlova if i ever have the chance. I would try it even though i like few fruits. Is their other foods you enjoy to eat as treats?

2. Mia,
    I love the layout of your blog. I can tell you must love the beach. But about your post: I have never heard of pavlova. After reading your informative, filled-to-the-bursting-with-fun-facts post I feel as though I’ve been eating pavlova all my life. It was cool that you even put in that information about Anna Pavlova. Here is the link to my class’s blog: http://shirleys6th.edublogs.org/author/zoe1516/
    Zoë